Monday, September 10, 2007

UFO's

UFO’s

I personally do not believe in flying UFO’s. It’s not that I’m not open to the possibility that UFO’s could exist, but at this point in my life I feel that there is not enough solid evidence to convince me that UFO’s do in fact exist. I also feel that all of the arguments that try and prove UFO’s do exist is not hard enough evidence. After reading more articles on the topic, I only confirmed what I originally thought. In the first article I read, we can call this Article 1, I found on the Oxford Mail website, was titled: “UFOS do exist, insists watcher.”

First off, just by reading the title of the article already makes me suspicious of what is about to be said by this “watcher” because he is just that, merely a “watcher.” If I’m going to believe anything this “watcher” is going to say I might as well wait to hear what my 8 year old neighbor has to say about flying UFO’s, because the two are probably just as qualified to be a “watcher.” Perhaps if this man had more of an established title and his quest in trying to prove UFO’s exist was more of a profession, than this article might hold a little more weight, in my opinion.

Another aspect of this article that only helps in persuading me that UFO’s don’t exist is that the article’s begins with “He claims to have seen spaceships soaring across the city’s skies and crop circles 300ft-wide, so it will take more than an official report to convince this Oxford UFO expert aliens don’t exist.” When I read that it would “take more than an official report to convince this Oxford UFO expert aliens don’t exist.” I thought what probably every other reader was probably thinking at this point: why even continue reading this article when it has basically already proven that aliens don’t exist? Although, what I did come to find further in the article is that the study that was produced by the Ministry of Defence “concluded there is no proof of alien life forms.” Knowing that the “official report” proved that there were no alien life forms and knowing that Mr. Soper was going to still try and convince readers that there are alien life forms out there, made me lose interest in what he was going to say to the readers.

Another factor which really led me to believe that UFO’s really don’t exist is a part in the article where Michael Soper, the “watcher” and “UFO expert,” said, “‘Obviously, the MoD can’t admit aliens exist.’” I feel very strongly that if there were solid proof that aliens did exist that the information would not be withheld. While it might be kept under the wraps from some of the public as to not promote worry or fear; I feel a breakthrough as big as proving that aliens do exist would be released and studied further.




Article 1- http://www.oxfordmail.net/news/headlines/display.var.756834.0.ufos_do_exist_insists_watcher.php

Article 2-
http://www.meta-religion.com/Paranormale/UFO/ufo_exists.htm

No comments: